Author Topic: Boating and Toy Trains  (Read 1246 times)

86WS6

• AGTA Member
Boating and Toy Trains
« on: June 17, 2013, 04:28:49 AM »
Our other hobbies include boating, water sports, and collecting Lionel style toy trains.

We boat on Fontana Lake in Western North Carolina. The 39 mile long body of water is a man-made lake that borders the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on the north shore. We live two miles away in Bryson City.

Our boats are a 1990 22 foot Mach I Sport boat with a 454 Chevy big-block engine, and a 1980 Astroglass 17.6 bass boat. There is nothing that sounds sweeter than a big block with open exhaust screaming across the lake at daybreak. Our 13 grandchildren and some nieces and nephews enjoy water sports behind both of the boats. We have one grown son who lives to fish. A typical family gathering includes renting a floating house on the lake and a pontoon boat to handle the extra people. Betty and I sleep in the tiny cabin in the bow of the Mach I, and let the rest of them negotiate for the best spot on the floating house to place a sleeping bag.

As for the toy trains, my father bought me a Lionel train set when I was three years-old and it started from that. We have a 24 x 28 train-room in our home with a permanent train layout in it. Train collecting is a similar disease to car collecting. Once it hits, it is like an addiction. Either way, when I am too old to deal with boats and Firebirds, I can probably still run trains.
Betty collects Department 56 buildings, and those populate the train table, so it is a hobby we can share. 

Admin

• Administrator
  • AGTA Member
  • Chattanooga TN.
Re: Boating and Toy Trains
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 08:03:03 PM »
We want to see the train set!!!!!!!

I have always been a fan of model railroading (HO scale mostly) but all are really cool to me!
P-O-N-T-I-A-C
Live strong ----- Live on.........

86WS6

• AGTA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:50:50 AM »

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:22:47 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
  • AGTA Member
  • Chattanooga TN.